The Outwards Scoop


We all know that it's important to scoop all tissue from the outside of the bra *into* the cups, as well as positioning the wires correctly, but recently I have been thinking about an extension of the manoeuvre:

The Outwards Scoop


You may be thinking that this is just a way to make a too small cup look like it fits correctly, but I promise you it's more than that. What is the purpose of the scoop and swoop? To make sure that all tissue that was outside the wires is now inside the wires - of course, provided that the bra isn't too narrow overall.


For those with soft tissue (and particuarly those with pendulous breasts and loose skin as well), or just a very projected shape simply scooping the traditional way can force tissue into the gore space *past* the root of your breast. This causes tissue to sit under the gore, either pushing it away or having the gore sit on breast tissue - not ideal!


A strong "regular" scoop and swoop makes the gore float on this bra.


The way to fix this is to scoop the breast outwards from the gore, after scooping from the outsides inwards.
 

 

Note that I'm not making a "tucking motion" here - which would hide a too small cup - but really positioning the breasts correctly within the cup, by lifting the tissue upwards and into it. This is of course followed by pulling the wires up into place.

This is the result:

My boobs are positioned better in the cup and the gore is lying flatter against my chest


What do you think? Do you think this movement is necessary in some cases? Do you do this when wearing a bra?

Comments

  1. I do this everyday! I think it's almost required if you have a soft, center full shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say this is definitely a thing for certain types of breasts - like mine and yours! I'm soft, pendulous, and narrow-for-my-size-but-not-actually-narrow and there's a certain amount of...resettling that has to happen after I scoop and swoop. I really like how you point out lifting your breasts up and into the cup and then positioning the wire properly. That specific motion has become an important part of putting my bras on correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous18 June, 2022

    I have to do this and was wondering if I do the swoop and scoop wrong I am 40JJ. If I don't do this I am so uncomfortable

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment